The advancement of new technologies and affordable internet connection has led to an increased digital presence of mostly everything and that too causes various cybercrime activities. To tackle these issues, job opportunities in the Ethical Hacking and Cybersecurity field are emerging. Also, the field fascinates a lot of young students to pursue their careers with it.
If you’re one of them who is looking for a detailed guide on how to be a Certified Ethical Hacker, where to start, or how to start then this blog may turn out to be a great treasure for you.
First, you need to understand the job role and the responsibilities associated with it. Being an Ethical Hacker you need to protect organizations’ digital infrastructure and mitigate risks associated with Certified Ethical Hacking.
So, now you know about the technologies which are used to build those infrastructures. In this blog, we’ll discuss the main technologies or topics you should have to know about.
- Computer Network: This is important to understand computer networks in-depth as you’ve to work with the Internet which is nothing but a network of networks. You can start with
- Basics of computer networks
- IP addressing
- Port & Protocols
- OSI and TCP/IP model
- Operating System: To start with Ethical Hacking you should know a variety of operating systems – Like Windows & Linux-based. You should know about
- Structure of Filesystem
- Memory & Processes management
- Various commands & configurations
- Database Management System: Learning Database Management plays a significant role in the Ethical Hacking and Cybersecurity field as one of the major responsibilities is to protect the data of any organization. You can start with
- Database Structure
- Database Languages
- Different types of databases and their importance
- Basics of Web Technologies: Basics of web technologies help you to gain knowledge about their backend work.
- Learn first HTML,CSS and JS
- Learn some backend scripts
- Learn web server configurations
- Programming Languages: Programming is not mandatory to start with but it a vital part of the journey of Ethical Hacking. Learning a few programming languages may help you to dig deep into your work and to make you understand concepts. You can add these to your list:
Now, you may ask about what next! Well, you can go for basic level certifications after that because without having at least one certification, starting your career in the Ethical Hacking field is very tough. But if you’re skilled enough you can directly apply for job roles according to the requirements of the companies.
The best and secure options will be to have any 1 basics certification to your profile and that will help you to shortlist your profile to appear in interviews.
There are a couple of basic certifications provided by various industry-recognized certification providers like EC-Council and CompTIA etc.
To be a Certified Ethical Hacker you should go for the EC-Council CEH certification exam which is a paid examination. You can register, appear and pass the certification exam but if you’re a beginner then it’s fruitful to join training courses offered by the various institutes but research about the organization to enroll.
Cyber Hat Solutions also provides a lot of certification training to students, professionals, and those who want to start their career in the Cybersecurity and Ethical Hacking field. Cyber Hat Solutions has quality and certified trainers/instructors who are already experts in their respective fields.
Hope this blog is able to clear your doubts. Thank you very much for reading the blog here are few bonus tips for you to excel in the field:
- Understand the basics of every usable technology
- Create lab simulations and play with various attacks with created labs
- Participates in various CTFs
- Read other security researchers blogs
- Keep updating yourself with the latest cyberattack, attack vectors, and vulnerabilities.
Don’t forget to enjoy the learning journey.